View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #11
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by dippasan View Post
As a former mechanic I can tell you that E-10 has been creating havoc with all kinds of internal combustion engines.
To eliminate any future problems with "occasional use" motorized things, use the Startron Enzyme fuel treatment.
It comes in a light blue bottle and the concentrated 16 oz bottle will treat up to 256 gallons of gas. It can be bought almost anywhere i.e. Walmart and auto parts stores.
I have several snowmobiles and motorcycles not to mention a generator, lawn tractor, chain saw etc etc. Stuff that potentially sits for quite some time. Since using the Enzyme treatment I never have a problem. I took out one of my motorcycles last week and it hadn't been driven since March. It fired right up and ran perfect. I have cleaned more carburetors for family members and friends in the last couple of years then I care to remember. Use it in anything gas powered. 2 stroke, 4 stroke...doesn't matter.

Good luck!
We have had good luck so far with Stabil Marine formula. And since I just bought a gallon and a half of it I'm gonna have to start treating the fuel in the little used vehicle.
I'm with you though and treat every tank of fuel I get for everything but the vehicles. I have always gone through it within 2-3 weeks.
Hey does anyone know if diesel fuel is susceptible to the same problems as E-10 gas?
During the summer the truck doesn't get used much at all.