View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 03:31 PM   #56
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
Rattlesnake Island's NE shore is the former site of Rattlesnake Island's "measured mile", and is the longest "straight" along Winnipesaukee's shorelines where offenders can get a sense (and the thrill) of top speed operation. Another straight one mile stretch is directly off my shoreline; fortunately, large swim rafts keep most offenders at a distance.

I don't recall seeing Rattlesnake Island's NE shore having any large swim rafts. (At least not for very long! )

To clarify, there are fewer homes for sale on Rattlesnake Island's Broads-side than in recent years—fewer "official" signs, and fewer "home-made" signs.

The Broads NE shoreline has the largest concentration of offenders in my usual area of fair-weather boating. I'd expect that most islanders who must boat off that shore previously had to look both ways as though they were trying to cross I-93—on foot!
And your point is????

Trying to correlate a smaller amount of properties for sale on Rattlesnake today compared to years past to a newly imposed speed limit is ludicrous. The two have NOTHING in common. If I lived on the broads side of Rattlesnake, speeding boats would be the least of my concerns.