View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #55
ApS

Default Clarification...

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
"...And this is related to the speed limit, less performance boats or the lack of offshore powerboat racing...?"
Rattlesnake Island's NE shore is the former site of Rattlesnake Island's "measured mile", and is the longest "straight" along Winnipesaukee's shorelines where offenders can get a sense (and the thrill) of top speed operation. Another straight one mile stretch is directly off my shoreline; fortunately, large swim rafts keep most offenders at a distance.

I don't recall seeing Rattlesnake Island's NE shore having any large swim rafts. (At least not for very long! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy View Post
RG and I took a ride around the island Saturday and counted 12 places for sale. I don't have official statistics on what the 10 year average is but this actually seems higher than usual to us.
To clarify, there are fewer homes for sale on Rattlesnake Island's Broads-side than in recent years—fewer "official" signs, and fewer "home-made" signs.

The Broads NE shoreline has the largest concentration of offenders in my usual area of fair-weather boating. I'd expect that most islanders who must boat off that shore previously had to look both ways as though they were trying to cross I-93—on foot!