View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 01:50 PM   #34
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
People are still going through the NWZ at cruising speeds. It happens every day but I can't give you numbers. The Marine Patrol hang out "around the corner" quite often and do boat stops. Sometimes they get people going through at high speed but mostly they are stopping boats that are going a little to fast to be considered "no wake".

They also regularly stop multiple PWCs outside the NWZ, I assume for being to close together. I guess there is a common belief that PWCs traveling together don't need to stay 150' apart. The MP explain this error.

All in all things were a lot quieter this summer. I like to think the SL is a big part of that but who can say? I do think the SL is at least a little part of the improvement.
All in all I do not believe that the SL has had any impact on the lake. I fully blame weather and economy but... as you said, who can really say. I do appreciate your posts and views. In light of what we are seeing from a select one or two individual supporters on this forum it is refreshing to have you back B.I. In the past I may have gotten heated with you over this topic but I've come to appreciate your position and the reasons you give. You have never varied from your belief. You also seem to have an open mind and at least listen and debate openly.

I'm thinking that you probably witness many a violation at that particular spot on the lake. I know I witness chaos every weekend where my Camp is. One thing that I appreciate is that you have not pretended that this law has some how solved every problem that plagues Winni.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hazelnut For This Useful Post: