View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #4
elchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlywinni View Post
I have not boated any differently this year than the past 10 years... when in open areas of the lake and all alone, I lay on the throttle ...we see people ignoring the speed limit everytime we go out... he lives on the Broads and sits on his dock and watches people shatter the day time speed limit all day and every day.
Assuming you are telling us the truth, what's all the whoop then? If the speed limit is not negatively impacting the speeders, but the rest of society thinks it is working so well, why not just pacify us and let us have our "useless unenforceable feel-good law"? Don't give us that nonsense that you are just trying to keep our statutes pure of unnecessary laws. There are hundreds of more useless, less enforceable, and better-feeling laws on our books that would be the first targets of someone just looking to clean up the statutes. That one does not pass the sniff test. If, for argument's sake only, it is true that the MP has "decided to allow speeding in open areas of the lake when it is not a danger to anyone", "does not have the resources to enforce the speed limit", and "purposely does not devote resources to speed limit enforcement as they don't see speeding as a major problem", then it appears we are all happy with the status quo...you think the law is not negatively impacting anyone or costing any money or energy, and we think it is working just ducky. Everyone is happy. SO WHY ALL THE BIG NEED TO SUNSET IT??

Nice day out there today. And I was in the Broads and did not see a single boat that even approached 45 mph. Which Broads were you talking about? Sometimes I wonder if you guys are just making stuff up.