View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 10:35 PM   #7
Marine Patrol

Default Please contact me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha888 View Post
it's done. 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and even some nights and Saturday's are already getting old. With the amount of aggregate and huge rock removal that's been done, I'd be surprised if it was really 'sinking'.

And how much are they paying (1) person to collect fees that can be done elsewhere? My apologies, I forgot it's about job creation.
Misha888-

The Marine Patrol has only approved three days outside of a typical workweek for the project since its start. The Friday after Thanksgiving which is not a day off for many, and two Saturdays for the placement of concrete forms (no heavy construction equipment except form trucks). On two occasions heavy equipment excavators and a crane were delivered on a Saturday but no construction activity was allowed.

To the best of my knowledge, aside from water pumps running after hours, no construction activity has gone beyond allowable hours. FYI, Marine Patrol must approve construction work outside of normal hours.

The Marine Patrol and its Construction Manager, Harvey Construction, have made it clear to our neighbors, island residents, and the Town of Gilford, we intend to have as little impact on them as possible during this project. We have had regular communication with those concerned, monitored dust and debris around vehicles and boats, and maintained safe access to town property. However, from your post it sounds like we are not hearing from everyone. If you have experienced construction at night or anything beyond what was described above, I would appreciate hearing from you. 603-293-2037. Thank you!

Safe Boating!!

Tim Dunleavy
Captain-Marine Patrol
Marine Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Marine Patrol For This Useful Post: