View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 09:35 AM   #20
Descant

Thanked 1,509 Times in 982 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedawg View Post
CC repair guys showed up this morning at 9:30 in a beautiful 22' Eastern with 115 HP Yamaha. The Eastern is stocked with spare parts, etc. CC stood by their word. The guys asked how long have you been waiting. I said 2 weeks. They said that is about right. We are 2 weeks behind.

He said it has been crazy. I asked why? He said CC is investing in upgraded service on the mainline and now are putting higher speed 4 wire internet cabling to all the islands. Just the 2 of us are doing the upgrade. I asked what kind of upgrade speed should we expect when installed. He said you should see up grade from your 3MB to 20MB!

So CC is putting some serious money in the upgrading. They guys installed new 4 wire and ran it all the way back to the pole. Plus gave us a new router and out side box. So that answers the question are there any new services in the pipeline. There sure is...Thank you CC. We will be patient and look forward to next year when the upgrade is available for us.
This all sounds like good news. As islanders, I think we understand about delays in service. However, CC should be more forthcoming in their scheduling and let us know it will be 3-4 days instead of telling us "Today" three days in a row and showing up on day 4. I'm sure the guys doing the work are not responsible for whatever the dispatcher says. I recall when PSNH was fixing storm damage years ago, they sent a crew to do island by island (there weren't as many with electricity then) and we knew they'd get to us on Tuesday or whenever.
Isn't it the certainty of timing/planning that's important, more than "three moire days".
They get extra credit BTW for working on weekends.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post: