Thread: Proposed Law
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 09:53 AM   #110
ApS

Default Problem Boats...Problem Boaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-194 View Post
"...As big as the lake is, it gets real small at 70 plus mph..."
Here's hoping NH's Legislators are savvy-enough to grasp that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671
"...If you are correct in the kayak being 1/4 mile away which I will take your word for, it does prove a point. The distance between the kayak and the powerboat in my perception would still be well over the 150' and therefore not in any violation..."
I picked up the camera only because the oversized ocean-racer intended to (and did) "split the difference" between the kayak and the bowrider that you apparently missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
"...I agree that the color choice is not the greatest for visibility, that much is true. Your spin on the visibility being bad for over-powered boats is crap, it is poor for all boats..."
All boats?

The far shore (Port Wedeln) is about ¾ to 1-mile away—perhaps a casual 15-minute trip by kayak. At 70-MPH, the same trip in a speeding, excessively-powered boat would take about 35-seconds!

So, which of these views most fairly represents the kayak's size to an ocean-racer speeding at a 70-MPH-clip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-194 View Post
"...Can someone out there just say simply that they love the lake for what it is..."
The following day—same kayaker—I considered offering a tow to the middle-aged woman because a strong headwind was making it very difficult for her and her little boy.

A view through binoculars showed that she was singing!

If you see a driver speeding at 70+ MPH on Winnipesaukee—and singingeverybody sharing the lake with that boater has a problem.