View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 05:18 PM   #96
TheRoBoat

Let me see if I can answer a few of the issues/questions brought up by FlyingScot’s post. Looks like your son made it out of Brooklyn just in time!

Let’s assume Gary and I are under shelter in place here for two more weeks. No matter how careful we are, every time we venture out into the public, we risk either becoming infected, or infecting someone. We have to eat, people do still work, we need medicine, etc. You just need to be as careful as possible. Multiply that by the population of California.

The end of our shelter in place will not be the end of the virus here, or how we have to deal with it. There will most likely be flare ups, and periodic shelter in place orders, until a vaccine is made sometime next year. A lot will be learned this time of how to, or how to not, manage the next 18 months.

As far as being tested, I am guessing Gary and I would be considered a “waste of a test” in two weeks, if we continue with our regimens. All tests in the US will most likely be needed elsewhere - where extensive testing could stem the outbreak. There would certainly be other people in CA in more need of a test than either of us.