View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 03:55 AM   #91
Glendale Deli Boy

Default Weirs Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNI BOB View Post
I can't imagine the Weirs Beach, and the other vacation areas around the lakes region with no people. What about BIKE WEEK, and the 4th of July ?????
How about our annual 4th of July invasion of the Hispanics from Lawrence and Lowell to the Weirs??? I love the idea of the Hispanics honoring the 4th,but to come up here and take over the beach for the day, and spend nothing at the local shops is a bit dicey. I suppose the fireworks for the summer are going to be a thing of the past too.

Winni Bob
Folks constantly lament that Weirs Beach isn’t more thriving but then there are others apparently hacked off that Hispanic “invaders” take over the beach and spend nothing. Perhaps if businesses have something to offer those visitors, they would spend their money. Weirs is almost always dead. I wouldn’t spit on the “invading” hordes if I was interested in Weirs Beach and its future. Instead, how about the novel idea of selling something that people would be interested in spending their hard earned money on? Isn’t that the American way?