View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 10:44 AM   #70
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
Disagree with the last few posts, testing means little. If you test negative, does that mean you can now travel? What if you come in contact with someone who has it, do you want to get tested again? Testing is only for those that have show symptoms. There is no way to stop this virus, only delay its spread. This current shut down is to allow the medical staffs to ramp up and prepare for the months ahead. Many more of us are going to get sick, but will recover. Those with other issues may not. What the medical community is trying to avoid is having to make the decision of who should be treated due to limited availability of supplies.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I'm confused--none of these posts even mentioned testing.

Also, I agree that there is no way to stop this, only to delay it's spread. The purpose of the shelter in place strategy is to delay the spread for long enough (flatten out the curve) so that the hospitals are not overwhelmed and the critically ill can access ventilators, etc. You seem to agree with this when you say "what the medical community is trying to avoid..."

So aren't we on the same page?