View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 06:19 AM   #91
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
I don't think you should insult posters and the local newspaper. Both seem to have made a good faith effort based on public information.

But if you insist, I think you should back it up by posting the information that has not been made public and pointing out which pieces of the articles are "simply not true".
I would be glad to do that but it would require a breach of confidentiality that I will not do. I will just repeat that there is a misconception about what has really happened. Also, there were serious health issues and poor legal representation issues that left the wrong impression with the public. I understand that, and that is why I spoke out about it. I would do that in any situation when I felt someone I knew was being harmed by misunderstanding of the facts. It was not my intention to insult the poster, it was only to point that his post was wrong.

As a general rule, everything published on any subject will look like a "good faith effort" unless you know that it misrepresents facts or does not tell the full story. We have all seen that happen on a near daily basis in the press. Your understanding of the "facts" involving many political matters may depend upon which cable TV station you watch.

With that being said, I am aware of facts that directly affected this matter that had a bearing on it from the start. I know the whole story is not out there and why I feel it has left an unfair impression of Mr. Brown.

The charges leveled previously by an uninformed poster "lies, dishonest manipulations, and attempts to bully his way past the rules, and the courts, and by using his money to have politicians take up his case" are unfounded, not backed up by the facts, and represent a personal attack on a decent human being.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: