View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 05:31 PM   #74
elchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
el, get a clue...You parse comments...
Ok Sherlock, so assuming there are all these sudden false alarms being called in, why does this belong in a speed limit thread? Violating a no wake zone or shoreline are other laws having nothing to do with the SL. What would this con artist gain by calling in from different places about different boats? Why would a SL supporter want to drag the MP in over a boat that did not exist? Sounded a bit fishy to me. But then, I don't have a clue because I parse quotes .
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm203 View Post
The Bear Island call-in was for a large speed boat and after a investigation was deemed a hoax by the MP. And, they had solid proof that it was a hoax. Looks like the Bear Islanders are now trying to control who idles by their island. Too bad it was a failure.
Hoax? Conspiracy? Sounds like someone needs to loosen his tin foil hat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaChick View Post
I hope this has no truth to it. Who in their right mind would make up a story about a fictious GFBL boat speeding just for a hoax? If it's true it's deeply disappointing and saddens me. I hope it's not.
Don't worry Konachick. I called to Glendale and they had no idea what this was about. Never heard of even one such false alarm, never mind three. Said it never happened. As confused as me about the reason for such a tale. Confirming what I said before, they have a record of the source number of every call-in and if someone calls they will only send out a boat if they know who the caller is. If someone made a false report and they had "solid proof", they'd cite them. This is clearly a tale..or two...or three...for what purpose we will never know. Perhaps they are trying to gain sympathy for GFBL's, but then, why say it was a hydroplane? Perhaps they are trying to rally up dislike for the people on Bear Island, but then, why go after the road association?
Anyway, wasn't it a great day out there today? What a summer! Heading up the Bay for an ice cream after dinner...nice and slow.