View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 09:03 AM   #45
DanteMartiniello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japek View Post
Hey Winni people. I have boated here at least 10 times. Only once did I experience waves and storms that are worth mentioning. This Sunday we rented a boat out of Alton and plan to head out with a few friends and my pregnant wife. With thunderstorms in the forecast for the whole day on Sunday, should we cancel the rental? Or, are there areas on the lake that are more calm than others during storms? I would hate to cancel because of 20 minutes of rain, but would also hate to put my wife in that position. Any thoughts would be apprecitated.

So,
If you think you might be entering thunderstorm on Lake Winni, take all precautions. It depends on what boat you have. I have a small 16ft boat, and have a rough time with the wind. If there is a thunderstorm, look for "Small Craft Advisory" on a weather app for your area, If then you have a small boat like me, I would not recommend you going out till those winds simmer down.

My thought of rain, it is not too bad, I mean a boat can hold water, and if it is literally down-poring remember to press your "Bilge" button after, that releases water.

Hope I can Help,

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
DanteMartiniello is offline   Reply With Quote