View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 05:20 AM   #89
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,151 Times in 898 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
Using your logic every building and home must be brought up to current code before it can be occupied. If you disagree you are welcomed to hire a lawyer to fight it

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I am not sure how you came to that conclusion. The existing buildings follow the regulations in place for them that do not require them to upgrade to today's laws and standards. They are complying with the laws that regulate them, which was my point.

New businesses should also comply with the regulations, and yes, today's regulations are different than those of years past.

No decisions are, or can be, made based upon tradition. That is open to such vague interpretation that it would generate thousands of court cases.

Example: When my house was built in the 1940's they drove a backhoe into the lake to bury the water line 50 feet out from the shoreline. That was the custom or tradition then, but certainly not now. I wouldn't want to try that today!

I am glad to see the Mount Washington go by and I don't have any problem with the Dive. I am not advocating for either. But, everyone must follow the rules and regulations in place today.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote