View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 11:57 AM   #7
Blue Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
I switched to no-ip.com after DYN discontinued their free DDNS. No-Ip.com is free for their basic service. I use it for remote access to all my webcams and routers. If you install their tool on one of your computers on your network it will keep the IP for your hostname up to date.

By the way, if you leave your router on you should keep your IP. Even if you turn it off and on you should still have a "lease" on that IP. I'm not sure why the OP keeps getting a different IP every day. I don't have a static IP at home but my router has had the same IP for a year or more. The last time it changed is when I replaced my router.

Dial-up is different. You'll get a different IP every time you connect.
My IP changes at least once per day and often times multiple times a day. I never shut the router off. Its a Fairpoint issue. When I had a TrendNet camera on it, I set it up to email me when the IP changed. My inbox was buried some days and it's just an overall PIA to keep logging into the router to get the new WAN. I'm fairly certain I'm going the DDNS route but my original question remains. Can I log into my router using my Ipad? Do I just put the router IP address into the Safari browser?
Don, this Foscam camera is one of the ones you used to use as a Weirscam I believe. I can't seem to get it to work wirelessly with the router.

Thanks everyone for your responses!