View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 08:30 AM   #61
Woodsy

I am probably going to get flamed for this but it needs to be said...

Where is Archie Bunker when you need him???

"Well, I was just trying to make a point, and that is that it's the suppression of the word that gives it the power, the violence, the viciousness" - Lenny Bruce

IMHO it is ok to offend and BE offended in America! When someone spouts off saying something that may offend you, giving them the knowledge that you were offended only empowers them. This should have died a nice quiet death. Instead its become a media circus because it sells advertising.

PBF.... you used the word "nuts" in a derogatory way to describe someone's mental state. Years ago it might have been the words "gay" or "retard" or "moron". Eventually the word "nuts" will go the way of previous words and shall not be uttered unless we are discussing almonds or cashews.

The African American Hip Hop culture (note the use of politically correct terms) routinely uses that very same "N" word in a derogatory fashion and sells millions of $$$ and is heard by millions of people. Where is the public outcry? Some 82 year old man in a small white town in NH uses the "N" word and the whole world comes down on him?? Please! Who cares? Its all about media hype. I don't condone the use of that word, but its a just a word. If he wants to use and utter that word or any word no matter how offensive, that is his right under the 1st Amendment under the Constitution of the United States of America.... last I checked, Wolfeboro was part of the United States. If the people of Wolfeboro don't like the job he is doing or what he said, then don't re-elect him. If there is a recall procedure, then follow it and remove him from office.

Woodsy