View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 10:53 AM   #49
garysanfran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
A quick Google search shows NH is at the top of the states for per capita consumption at 4.67 gallons. Utah is lowest at 1.35. I was surprised by NH, not at all by Utah. Maybe sales to other states skew results.
Not sure how a statistic like that can be analyzed. In a tourist state that attracts a lot of out-of-state vacationers drinking lots of booze, if you take the total alcohol sold, divided by the total population (How else would they do this?) the result will show lots of consumption per resident, compared to a state with little tourism...Like North Dakota (I got stopped for speeding in S. Dakota on Rt. 90 (doing 68 in a 65 zone with California plates). The cop asked where I was going, I said I thought, on my way cross-country, I'd head north and visit Fargo, N. Dakota. He asked, "Why would I want to go there? There's nothing in N. Dakota! ARE YOU TRANSPORTING DRUGS?" He then searched my car, even used a drug-sniffing German Shepard...Beautiful dog)...After putting my spare tire back into my trunk, the cop left, I repacked all my belongings sitting on the side of the road. Stopped at the next burger joint, had a burger and beer. Now I wonder how that beer was factored into S. Dakota's alcohol statistics? Probably skewed the result and caused all sorts of legislation...
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote