View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #20
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
WOW, WOW, WOW and WOW!! Thank you Dave R….It is so refreshing to read something that has a lot of logic to it. If everyone thought the way you do then there wouldn’t be any speed limit and we could all enjoy Lake Winnipesaukee for all it has to offer. You told it the way it is and I appreciate it very much! You made my day!!
I hope that you belong to the SBONH because this is what we should all be hearing from them.

IMHO this thread was started to show how boaters can get away with violating the speed limit and also to cause hate and discontent among the opposing groups. Some people thrive on pushing peoples buttons and the OP of this thread does exactly that.
I am a member of SBONH. I am very pragmatic and therefore I'm opposed to absolute speed limits on the water (having spent a lot of time driving in places where speed limits don't exist, are very high, or are ignored, I'm also opposed to overly restrictive speed limits on the road too...). I don't have a fast boat and never operate fast at night. I'm unaffected by boating speed limits above headway speed.