View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #6
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
WOW, WOW, WOW and WOW!! Thank you Dave R….It is so refreshing to read something that has a lot of logic to it. If everyone thought the way you do then there wouldn’t be any speed limit and we could all enjoy Lake Winnipesaukee for all it has to offer. You told it the way it is and I appreciate it very much! You made my day!!
I hope that you belong to the SBONH because this is what we should all be hearing from them.

IMHO this thread was started to show how boaters can get away with violating the speed limit and also to cause hate and discontent among the opposing groups. Some people thrive on pushing peoples buttons and the OP of this thread does exactly that.
You also fail to recognize a key piece of his post. The fast majority of the lake have wide open site lines making it very easy to see other objects and boats. There is a reason why there are so few accidents when compared to the roads.

Also, your post implies that without the SL in place, people were flying all over the place which is simply not true.

And regarding the radar/lasar detectors, I have no doubt that mine would pick up MP. I see nothing wrong with using a detector to prevent getting a ticket. And I don't have mine because I am a chronic speeder (on road or water) so don't play that game either.

My last ticket on the road was for 73 MPH in a 65 MPH zone on the Maine Turnpike by a State Trooper. I was one of three cars in the area at 6:30AM and the first in the line. I had NH plates at the time. First thing the cop said when he pulled me over was, "we have strict enforcement of the speed limits here in Maine." I'll let you decide why he would offer that comment the minute I rolled down my window. And I will offer that when he called in my license he would have seen a clean record too.

The trooper was doing well over 90 MPH to catch up and then pull me over. Not to mention that when he switched to the middle lane without signaling he cut my boss off who was following behind me (had just stopped at his house to jump start his car). He didn't turn on his blue lights until he was about 10 ft from my bumper, tail gating me. The most dangerous car on the road that day had blue lights on top

A month later I got a radar detector and have had one ever since. The one in my truck is about as top of the line as you can get. My old one stays in my wife's car. Now that I have my toy Mustang I may need to learn how to keep my right foot out of the gas however

And no, I'm not baiting anyone. You decided to take it that way. I don't look at the SL as cut/dry or win/lose. I seriously had not thought of the radar/lasar detector on my boat and wondered if anyone had. I don't know what they are using and what band they transmit it at.

I do find it odd that BI would say his depth finder would go off from the MP radar. There is a myth out there that you can use a fish finder to jam radar. That is certainly a myth. You can definitely jam radar and lasar but in order to do it, you have to transmitin a way that violates FCC rules and if caught would get you in far hotter water than a speeding ticket.