View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 03:15 PM   #1
garysanfran

Default Direct TV/AT&T...

I had Metrocast in NH and was not happy. Direct TV/ AT&T convinced me to switch to them in San Fran from Comcast, try it out and go to Direct TV in the spring in NH.

I cancelled Metrocast in NH and replaced Comcast in SF with Direct TV and switched cell service from Verizon to AT&T.

Cell service with AT&T lasted until my first bill. Twice what I was told by Direct TV as part of their "bundled package" ($19/month more than what I was paying with Verizon). When I called AT&T to complain, they asked me to send them a copy of the agreement. They did not have access to Direct TV's records...They own Direct TV. I told them I had 35 e-mails with bits-and-pieces of info and I was not going to go through them all finding what THEY needed. I had no single "agreement". I cancelled AT&T and went back to Verizon.

Direct TV...I am not happy with them and switching over was a huge mistake. They misrepresented the service, quality, channel availability. The internet is terrible. I can't use Firefox. IE crashes frequently and chrome is kind of limited. Trying to "watch TV anywhere" is a joke. Trying to watch TV on my cell or laptop is a most frustrating experience. I am getting to know the tech support people at AT&T well. I was on the phone with a very nice tech lady from outside Bakersfield on Friday. We got to know each other well in the hour we spent on the phone. And although she couldn't fix my problem, she was quite pleasant. I spent the rest of the day fixing the problem myself...AT&T changed the format on my home page with their advertising crap.

Dealing with AT&T reminds me of the old utility company before the "Divestiture" in the 80's. I really don't think they ever got rid of the old wood. Must be kind of like a petrified forest over there.

Probably go back to Metro in NH in the spring. Direct TV is going to charge me $20 per remaining months of my 24 month contract to cancel. Money, I am seriously thinking would be well spent getting rid of AT&T...When I think of AT&T, I think of Western Bell, party lines, rotary dial telephones you rented and couldn't own, one phone company monopoly...Ma Bell.
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote