View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 12:06 PM   #62
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Bare tool comparison is fine as long as you've got a few batteries already—one or two isn't enough to do any real work—which means buying three whole kits or so. At that point, if we're looking at 40/60V vs. 18/20V, it's all I'd be buying anyway.

And, even if I compared, say, my blower and weed whackers only, I'm still way ahead at 15 and 10 years each vs. what the initial batteries would have last.

If someone could make a kit that *reasonably* worked on all tools—power and lawn—then I'm in a totally different mindset. But there's no way I'm trusting my level of snowblowing and lawn cutting to battery...yet.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
It only takes one of the 40v and two of the 18v/20v to run the mower. The kits with four are specials.

I still have some NiCAD that hold a charge. At a point, it will be that you do not have the option.

Most manufacturers do not look to NH to see what they should be working toward in the future. There was a time that I thought I could guarantee that chainsaws would never become battery; and it wasn't that long ago.

https://www.echo-usa.com/press-relea...nd-garden-care
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote