View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 08:19 PM   #37
ApS

Red face More "Banning of Stuff..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
While the boat ramps are closed in many FL counties, boating is still permitted in Florida. Boats must keep at least 50 ft from one another, no more than 10 passengers per boat, and all passengers must be directly related. The bays around Sarasota are still somewhat busy, and as of today, most marinas are still open. Heck, the governor has even allowed golf courses to stay open, subject to certain protocols. Do I think FL should be doing more? Yes. That said, I believe there are many recreational outlets that can be accommodated in a reasonably safe manner, and boating with household members strikes me as pretty darn safe, aside from needing to get fuel and pump out services. In the near term, the boating industry will need to develop protocols that limit the risk for those services.
Speaking of golf:

three Massachusetts men are charged in driving to Rhode Island and who failed to observe the statewide quarantine.

The Hospital Ship Comfort unintentionally allowed covid-19 patients aboard. The ship was to take non-virus patients to open additional hospital beds in the city. Upon testing at a later time, they were found to be infected. They've been isolated on board, and will be returned to NY City's Javits Federal Medical Station, a station staffed by the US Army.

Mayor Marty Walsh of Boston has directed all in the city to wear masks, and has imposed a citywide curfew to fight the virus.