View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 11:34 AM   #41
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Last November

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
On YouTube TV, at the lake, I get the same channels as I get at home in the southern NH area. But a few weeks ago I was in the Sebego Lake area of Maine and was showing YouTube TV on my phone to a friend and it seemed to switch to the local Maine channels. There was just a brief message that popped up at the time, and I was distracted and didn't read it fully, so I can't be sure and I didn't take the time to review what was changed.

I had originally started with Hulu (instead of YoutTube TV), but found that Hulu isn't as friendly when it comes to using it in different physical locations. YouTube TV is much more flexible and friendly in this regard.
This past November, we took the train down to Orlando FL, leaving on a Monday. We watched Monday night football on the train (lots of buffering), watched ch 9 & ch 25 news with our morning coffee, and ditto in the hotel . A friend goes to Phoenix regularly and watches our local channels(we both live in Alton Bay). His girlfriend lives in Freedom and her local channels are ME based, but he can watch the Boston based channels while at her house.
Not sure why yours would change over. Being able to watch your local channels is supposed to be a big selling point for the Youtubetv service.

Dave