View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 09:03 AM   #19
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
The registration money is in two parts, a tax and a registration fee. The tax goes to place you register. If you register in Glendale at Marine Patrol HQ or mail to Concord, all the money goes to the state. If you register at a local marina or twon hall, that town gets the tax portion. In my case, that means Gilford gets $$ to support things like the Glendale facilities. This includes docks, mail boxes, UPS/Fedex service, public restrooms, launch ramp, Lake Hosts, and dock masters. The extra $5 is worth it. And Lyons Den. Not free, but definitely worth it.
I don't think I have every sent my registration in, I only once went to the DMV for a boat registration, and that was because my father died and I had to get his name off of the registration.

I go to trexlers every year, and register my boats..... I began taping the renewals to the inside of the cabinet door so I know where they are in the spring... because I got tired of getting the hairy eyeball from Denise when I would show up with last years registration.... (joking, she has always been very pleasant, it just easier all around when you have the renewal...)

That way I don't have to worry about 2 things:
1. forgetting where the darn stickers are in the spring
2. having to remember to stop in concord on my way up to put the boats in the water....