View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 10:55 PM   #49
ApS

Arrow Winter Harbor's Free-For-All...

'Glad overeasy found the certificate, although enforcement has dropped anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Of course, you just basically told marine patrol when and where you will be
But even without the certificate, the OP can find Winter Harbor, where violations were the "rule". Today, a Wednesday, was sunny, and just as hectic than any weekend I can remember.

A supposedly-muffled dragboat was blasting by every hour or so, and had already started his affronts last weekend. GFBLs routinely rattle Winter Harbor at WOT--where the NHMP hasn't been seen for many days. A wake-setter started a run pointed within 25-feet of my boat.

I've made it halfway through Winter Harbor's summer lacking a 2017 registration sticker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
No rule is perfect, and yeah, who knows if 150' is exactly right. But your description of other places makes me appreciate the 150' rule.
"Other places" have some odd rules:

Minnesota has their 100-foot rule, and although I haven't learned the particulars, Wisconsin has both a 100-foot and 200-foot rules.

The 150-foot rule makes lots of sense on a lake with water skiers at the end of 75-foot towing lines. It is also a rare event when a boat can return for a fallen skier within the span of 150-feet.