View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 09:20 PM   #38
ursa minor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Don't feel bad even Marine Patrol does not slow down in this area!

If the 150' rule makes the lake so much safer, one has to ask why are we the only lake in the country (probably world!) that has adopted it??...Besides the rule being ridiculous, the biggest problem I see is how many boaters don't know the difference between 150' and 1500'!! I can't begin to tell you how many times I have seen boaters with their hands in the air waving all flustered and screaming 150', 150' when a boat passes them 3 times that distance away! If you get scared when a boat goes by 125' away then you should probably not be captaining a boat...and before anybody bashes me, I follow the rules of the lake.

Dan
Dan, come on. It's not about 150 feet, it's about revenue. (Sarcasm font, I'm 100% with you on this.) Arbitrary, subjective rule at best and often applied as a means to an end from my observation. People that complain about a busy weekend on the lake would be horrified by "safe passage" rules that apply virtually anywhere else. Nothing like having a 50 foot sport fishing boat throttle up leaving a harbor no wake zone 10 feet off your beam to make you realize you're not on Lake Winnipesaukee anymore...