View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 01:03 PM   #21
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Yokohama is a very good tire also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
So many posts here so many possibilities.... Your outback is somewhat similar to the Forester that my wife drives, same drive train, however the outback has a bit longer will base....

We have tried many different tires over the years, on the various Foresters we have owned. The best by far have been the last two sets we have gotten. Both sets of tires where manufactured by Yokohama....

We first had the Ascend LX rated as a 85K mile tire, we where at about 60K when we replaced them... They still had tread left and likely could have gone to 85K however it was November, and my wife does a lot of traveling in the winter, so some new shoes came into the picture.....

After looking around we settled on the Ascend Touring-S very similar tread pattern and a 65K mile tire.... They have shown to create less road noise then their predecessor, handle the snow well, and ride comfortably.

Yokohama tires are available all over the place, however I did find the best deal was at Town Fair.... In my research the Yokohama's where the best compromise, when looking at ride noise, winter traction, est. mileage and price..... The money saved more then makes up for possible falling 10K-15K short on the mileage factor.

As s note I also priced out Michelin and Goodyear options, for similar mileage tires, which in my experience have done a much better job living up to the foretasted mileage estimates..... they came in $200 - $300 dollars more expensive.... What you learn with a Subaru, is that after about 10K-15K miles, if you have to replace a tire, you need to replace all 4.... saving that money makes it a little more palatable when it happens...

Anyway I will stop my rambling...
Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote