View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 02:59 PM   #16
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Personally -- I LOVE this time of year with low water. It gives me the great opportunity to explore the various markers and decipher if it is a true hazard i.e. Rock or simply a "safe passage" marker i.e. lower depth.

I have found numerous "safe passage" markers through the years and this becomes very helpful "in Season".

As example for those unfamiliar -- all of the water to the East of FL#1 (Black Top at Weirs) is essentially safe for 75-80% of the boats -- FL#1 is a "safe passage" marker.

Another example are the markers to Governors Bridge. When traveling East to West - all black tops are "safe passage" there are no rocks should you be inside them. Same for the Red Top at FL#43 just outside Gov Bridge.

There are many many more -- and of course there are those that DISTINCTLY mark rocks not seen when water is at standard levels - the most important ones to learn!!
The other advantage is that you can actually see the black top markers when there is a bit of white pole sticking out of the water,,,
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: