View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 08:51 PM   #1
MIKE RGR

Default Back Bay Bridge Clearance

Hello All

My name is Mike and I'm new to Winnipesauke and the forum. Thanks for having me.
Moved to the Back Bay Area last year and I'm thinking about getting a boat. I have been looking at a Lund Impact 1875 Sport XS. I would like to moor it in Back Bay but my concern is the BB Bridge. I read some posts here dated Feb 2017 and they mentioned the bridge clearance is 4.2 feet (50.4 inches ) at full lake level.
Today at the dealer we measured from the top of the windshield to the ctr of the chime and it was about 50 inches. Thats close. I realize that this is not the most accurate way to measure bridge clearance but its winter. I know there are a lot of variables,,how many people in the boat,,how much fuel,,seasons,,,rain,,etc.
My question is does anybody have any experience with a Lund of similar size and the BBB. I have seen a Lund 2000 Sport Angler moored at Wolfetrap so I assume he is able to get to the main lake.
If anybody has any ideas..suggestions,, comments or is seeing something I am totally missing,,,Im all ears
Thanks for reading this and again thanks to the forum for letting me be here

Thanks again
mike

Last edited by MIKE RGR; 01-30-2019 at 09:25 PM. Reason: additions
MIKE RGR is offline   Reply With Quote