View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 01:33 PM   #36
Garcia

I work in a school that is open full time. In my community, we had a big spike in cases that were traced back to Halloween parties and some private parties at restaurants/bars. Right now there are about a dozen schools that have gone remote due to cases among students and staff.

The message I sent to my school community here is that everyone needs to be aware that the actions they choose to take over the Thanksgiving break (and anytime, for that matter) can impact others. I am careful and am not too concerned about the virus for me. I also know that if I test positive, my whole school (we are a small school) goes remote, something no one wants. Therefore, I have modified my holiday plans.

We all need to make our own choices, but need to recognize that the choices we make potentially have consequences for others. These will be different for each of us. I don't think we need a "one size fits all" approach and hope that as we weigh our decisions we factor in how what we do could impact others.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garcia For This Useful Post: