View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 05:34 PM   #60
foodlover

Default unfortunate experience

I am responsible for bringing 9 friends to Sandy Point Saturday night. I want to validate the posting of Liquorish. Although I was eager to give the new owner a chance and hoped for a great experience, it was utterly horrible. I hope the new owners will take to heart the following:
1. If you are not adequately prepared to make lobsters for groups of patrons then don't.
2. If you hired so many new staff that need training them then do some local soft openings with discounted pricing.
3. The chefs cooking the steamers did not know what they were doing; serving steamers sitting in a bowl of broth with sand was not professional--there was no clear broth to dip them in (again more training).
4. Don't tell customers you are out of food -steaks, salad dressings, etc after being open for 5 days; either take it off the menu or send someone to the market!
I am sure the owners were eager to open for the beginning of the season but clearly they were not ready.
However, customer is always right is a motto that they need to adapt; it is not acceptable to give customers reasons why the food was not cooked or why it took so long. We are spending good money to be loyal patrons.
Time to find a new lobster place at the lakes.
foodlover is offline   Reply With Quote