View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 09:00 PM   #38
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

We went to Sandy Point tonight. We started out as a party of 4 when we called for Friday evening reservation. We found out another couple wanted to join us, so we called and upped our reservation to 6. Then had another couple wanted to join us and we called to change again. A very cheerful "no problem, see you tonight".
Four of us arrived just before 6, and were seated promptly. Our waitress was Haleigh, and she asked if we wanted to order drinks while we waited. We did and as the order arrived, 2 others joined us, and they ordered their drinks, and the last in our group arrived and they ordered and got their drinks.
I ordered steamers, and 3 others ordered soups. We then ordered our meals.
I had a 1 1/2 lb steamed lobster, three had prime rib, three had haddock, and one had the filet.

No complaints on the food. Steamers were great, as was my lobster. The other people all said there meals were very good as well. The food did take a while to come out, but it was hot, so the kitchen was probably backed up.

Overall, a very nice meal with good friends. Given the fact that we are in the first week of being open, we did not expect every thing to go as smooth as clock work. Were there a few blips- yes. The entrees was a little slow coming out, but the conversation at the table was great. They were out of one salad dressing- no big deal. Let's face it, an all new staff trying to work together on a busy night will have a stumble or two. One point: currently they do not have any chicken on their menu except chicken fingers on their children's menu.

Haleigh was excellent as our waitress, and we all felt that the staff will soon gel together as a team and Sandy Point will be back.

We are looking forward to a return visit in the near future.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app