View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 10:31 AM   #17
daveschappell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
So when someone calls the office of any marina and asks the rental agent (your "paid agent") if they have slips available and how much they are you want the marina to say "We have some but the slip number and price is a secret?" Since slip prices and locations within a facility vary in size and desirability that just wouldn't work.

The amount a slip renter is asking is not a secret. The office, or Carol Downing in this situation, needs to disclose the asking price and location within the facility of any individual available slip at MVYC when someone calls and inquires about a slip rental. Otherwise how would they ever rent slips?

Daveschappell asked for contact information to add to his list. He is free to call and ask what slips are available and what the asking rent or sale price is. That may help someone wishing to rent a slip, either a renter or an owner. In different times and a slower economy 10 to 15 slips were vacant for the entire summer at MVYC.

Mountain View has the largest number of rental slips on the lake so the pricing there may be helpful to anyone wishing to rent one there or anywhere on the lake.

Purchase prices are a matter of public record since they are recorded at the Belknap County Registry of Deeds and also listed on the Gilford Assessors website.
Again, I doubt I'll get perfect information from everyone; but I thought it would be broadly useful for people, to get a sense of possibilities. And my hunch is that the marinas themselves will also find it very useful, and will save everyone from having to do all of the surveys themselves.

Another obvious point is that location is a big driver here; the cost of a dock in Alton isn't really a perfect proxy if you live on the other end of the lake. But hopefully some folks find it useful. I've gotten a few inputs (Akwa, Goodhue in Wolfeboro and 1-2 others) and have made a few edits. Plus I broke out the "Private Marinas" a little bit better than they were initially.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend -- the Broads are officially now a frozen tundra!
daveschappell is offline   Reply With Quote