View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 11:02 PM   #21
Argie's Wife

I wanted to bump this thread up again...

Johnson's just opened up a little market that's right next door to it - part of the same establishment, of course.

But...

(And oh, be still my beating heart....)

They are carrying speciality beers the likes of which I've never seen anywhere else but in Tully's in Wells, Maine (if you've been there, you know what I mean.) They've got a great selection of English ales and stouts - and my personal favorite - Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout (yum...) They also carry Samuel Adams Double Bock (although they're out of it now....*sniff*)

They also have great cheeses, wines, breads, and lots of other fru-fru goodies... but my attention is on the beer. Good beer is proof that God wants us to be happy, right?

They're supposed to be expanding the beer and wine section. I'd like to see them get in a nice selection of locally made wines, too. (If you've never tried blueberry wine, you have to! It's like a sweet merlot - love it! Pear wine is also a favorite!)

Oh, and you can't forget the super nice guys who run the place! They let me in after closing one night when I was doing a beer run during a World Series game. Gotta love 'em for that! They rock!

Anyhow - check it out when you have a chance - it's a fun place!
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote