Thread: Tractor
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 10:25 AM   #7
NH.Solar

If you can find a good used B7800 (B3030 with cab) it would be a great choice.
These are a bit longer than the smaller Bs and have a more powerful loader with a good lift height. I had one and sold it when I bought the L5230 I'm currently using. I've missed it since the day it left my yard! At some future point I'll be looking for A B3030 with a front mounted snowblower to go along with my L. The 63" front mounted blower on my B7800 actually moved snow faster than My L with a 72" bucket on front and a 78" rear mounted snowblower.
The smaller Deere compacts are somewhat limited because they only have a 2 range hydro whereas many competitors have 3. First is often too slow, 3rd lacking in torque, whereas 2nd is a great compromise for most working conditions.
You might also want to look at Kioti (Chichester), Mahindra (Hopkinton), and Yanmar (New Boston), they all also make great machinery.
George Ryan was the former owner of MB Tractor in Tilton and I recommend him highly. He has established a new Kioti dealership on Rte 4 just outside of Concord. His cell number is 387-0910, tell him I sent ya...
For non dealer service you can't do better than Jim Correia in New Hampton, 968-3783.
Biggd, are you running R4 tires? They are aren't worth a s... in the snow, both turfs and ags actually work better. If you add chains to the rear (Tirechains.com has great product and pricing) you should see a world of difference in traction. Also remove the counterweight for winter, by doing doing so you will regain more traction for your front wheels which will help with the steering.