View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 08:21 AM   #32
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdarby View Post
Was the ankle attached to a foot??? [emoji2]

In all seriousness, this is why law enforcement gets a bad name. Twice this year I’ve waved to an MP officer and I haven’t gotten a wave back. They just stared. “Whatever”....I say as I motor away. I’m a 35 year veteran of the emergency services and I’m sure if I were working on a scene with them, they’d be pleasant as all get out. When I’m out of a uniform and in a boat, I guess I’m another piece of lake trash looking for a ticket. Let me state for the record, I’m sure they are all not like this but my personal record this year doesn’t speak well to their community service. You’d think with the civil unrest around law enforcement, they’d be going out of their way to make a positive image for themselves. Again, I support law enforcement and have many friends that have worn the uniform. This is not about the profession, just about ill directed individuals wearing the uniform and thinking that earns them respect. Your actions earn you respect. Your uniform earns you compliance and a wave from me.
Well I think there was a foot attached to the ankle, and then the ankle was attached to a leg, which was inside the boat!

As for you experience with the NH MP, mine has been similar. I usually offer up a respectful wave, but lately I feel like it is returned with a scowl.

I dont stand in their boots so I have not taken it personally, but I am starting to feel like maybe I should just keep my eyes forward and not engage.

A; if they are not in a good mood no need to compound their bad day.

B; if they were told not to acknowledge the constant waves by boaters and focus on their jobs, I dont want to be the trouble maker.

C; I dont want a simple nod of respect to result in me being pulled over and drilled about life jackets and lights and whatever. I inspect my own boat before I leave the dock and its no fun to go through that process with passages onboard while floating in the open lake,,,

Others opinions, observations and experiences may vary,,,

And I am always happy to see the NH MP on the water!

Last edited by XCR-700; 08-19-2020 at 09:20 AM.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote