View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 03:29 PM   #5
coolyourjets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
Ummmmmmmm, have you seen the news over the last couple of days regarding the second round of stimulus money being held up by your hero Pelosi?
I'm not a Pelosi fan. But I can call balls and strikes without bias so "I calls 'em as I sees 'em. Below is from Fox News. Tell me how any of this is bad. And again, before you talk about the pork that's put into these bills, there is plenty to go around on both sides.

Pelosi and Schumer called for $250 billion in assistance to small businesses, with $125 billion of that channeled through community-based financial institutions that serve farmers, family, women, minority and veteran-owned small businesses, as well as nonprofits in rural, tribal, suburban and urban communities.

They also called for improvements “to ensure all eligible small businesses can access this critical funding and are not turned away by banks.”

In their statement, Pelosi and Schumer further called for $100 billion to hospitals, community health centers and health systems “providing desperately needed resources to the frontlines of the crisis, including production and distribution of national rapid testing and personal protective equipment.”

And they called for an additional $150 billion for state and local governments to manage the coronavirus crisis and “mitigate lost revenue,” as well as providing “strong additional support” for families on food stamps, by increasing the maximum SNAP benefit by 15 percent “to help put food on the table.”

Pelosi and Schumer, as well as President Trump, have been calling for a “Phase 4” of the stimulus package amid the coronavirus pandemic and said on Wednesday they would still work to create one.
Sponsored Links