View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 09:22 AM   #30
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
I'd be far more intimidated knowing that while the MP is holding a radar gun out by Bear Island, some drunken nutjob is out in Paugus Bay going 28 mph in his little bowrider, not paying attention, and heading for my family's boat

I remember reading a story about a home invasion going on right down the street from where a cop was in his cruiser in a speed trap.
Unfortunately these are sad truths... I think something that people forget when they think about implementing new laws, is that another law to enforce, with out an increase in enforcement capabilities, means less time is spent on the already existing laws. Unfortunately the New Hampshire Marine Patrol hasn't gotten any additional funding since the speed limit was enacted. So while they might be able to crack down on "speeders", they can't be doing other things like Patrolling busy congested areas where speed is not a factor, but keeping safe and prudent control of your vessel is.....