View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 08:29 AM   #38
Kracken

You are absolutely right elchase and Sunset. Most people in this state and most people on Winnipesaukee.com don’t care a lick about speed limits on the lake. This poll PROVES that fact. Of the 4000+ members of winnipesaukee.com only 164 voted in this poll, that is 3.8%. That is a very low number considering this forum has members who are passionate about the lake. I believe these polls due give an accurate view of how people feel about the subject.

The catalyst to the speed limit bills passage was the incident involving Erica Blizzard. If that did not happen and the public interest in this legislation would not have been there. It was a devastating blow to speed limit oposition. It was purely a knee-jerk reaction to a tragedyand exploited by the Winnfabs. If there was even one instance of a GFBL traveling at a high speed causing serious injury or death than an valid argument could be made about limits being imposed.

If you really listen to the objections from some of the very vocal speed limit supporters it is easy to identify what their objectives are. They want to take “their” lake back. They want to limit the speed, size and noise generated by boats on the lake. I believe taking out the GFBL is step number one. The next step may be cruisers, then boats with 300+ and so on. Divide up and pick off the minorities one by one. The truth is they want to limit access to the lake. They supported the closing of Ames Farm and would also back anything that would keep the weekend warriors off their lake.

I am not saying all the people who support the speed limit have a hidden agenda. I am not about to accuse any supporters in this forum of such treachery, However they are alligning themselves with people do.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kracken For This Useful Post: