View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 06:38 AM   #18
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ushaggerb View Post
One idea of a forum is to use the members of the forum to bring the facts to the table. In this case, that is what happened. There was more here to see. Crowdsourcing is not new.
Agreed. 11 days later. I would rather know what I know now, (11 days later), thanks to the people on this forum, than the "nothing" story the Union Leader reported on the 29th of June. The initial Union Leader report on the 29th was a "nothing to see here report" imho. "A boy fell off a boat and hurt his leg" is all you got from the Union Leader's initial report. Big deal. Obviously, it was a "bigger deal" now that the facts are known, 11 days later. My criticism is towards the so called "real" news outlets, whose job it is is to give you ALL the facts, but rarely tell you anything, not the members on the forum. If ALL the facts are not known immediately, then report when the facts are known. I realize that there are some stories that need to be reported immediately even when all the facts are not known, BUT, then there are the stories that can wait till all the facts are known, in which case I think this story falls under the latter. The ONLY people that NEEDED to know ALL the facts in this story immediately, were this kids family. The rest of us could have "waited" for ALL the facts.

Last edited by Cal Coon; 07-21-2019 at 07:15 AM.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cal Coon For This Useful Post: