View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 08:52 AM   #42
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Coon View Post
If it happens multiple times per weekend, then it should be pretty easy to catch the perp(s). I would "stand by" in my own boat, and wave him down when he commits the crime and make him aware of his stupidity, and get his bow numbers and tell him if he does it again, you will be making a phone call. Simple as that. Or, call MP while it is actually going on so they can catch the perp(s) in the act themselves. I would definitely make MP aware of this situation just so they can take some "routine" patrols through the area more frequently. They will "catch" them eventually. I'm sure they would be more than happy to generate more revenue for the state...
Not easy, unless you're prepared to spend a few hours in your boat then chasing a boat with kids in the water (probably more dangerous than the infraction) I tried last year from shore when there was a particularly dangerous skipper. You have to get really close to see a bow number, and then you have to persuade the MP to come, then they have to arrive while the boat's still there.