View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 05:11 PM   #1
fatlazyless

Default ... Lowe's military 10% discount?

When shopping at the Lowe's in Gilford, it is standard procedure to be offered a 10% military discount when paying at one of the check-outs. So, the first few times going through this, I was a little bit miffed since I have no military service.

Then, one time it dawned on me, that I basically received my 10% discount in advance, back on April 1, 1970, when I first learned that my Vietnam draft lottery number was 302, and everyone with 180 and higher was most likely exempt from serving, and fighting in Vietnam.

So's now whenever I get asked at the Gilford Lowe's about their ten percent military discount offer ....... I always say .......sorry, but I already got my discount, back on April fool's day, 1970. And, that leads to different varied reactions from surrounding people, at the time. I had one guy about my age, in the line behind me, actually say; " no kidding, is that right, you know I got a very high number myself but I always keep that quiet" ...... and he shook my hand ..... and started laughing as he walked away ..... oh well! ......