View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 05:47 PM   #28
elchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
you may want to start a poll instead of a hundred posts of agree / disagree.. Just a suggestion.
Thanks, but the polls on this forum have no real meaning. People are known to vote multiple times from different computers, and to recruit from all over the place. I recall a couple of years ago seeing posts in a Canadian jet ski forum asking people to visit Winni.com and vote on one of the SL polls. We have no control or knowledge of who is voting, how often and from where. In one of the other pending "polls" there are 182 votes (at last count) opposing a speed limit, when there are only maybe eight or nine real opposers on this forum. Where did all those votes come from? It's too bad there is no way to know as it would make the results much more meaningful. IS there any way to identify where those votes came from?
I think the "I agree / I disagree" approach is pretty straight forward. We know who people are here for the most part, unless they are going to go so far as to change screen names. If a vociferous SL-opposing member agrees ahead to abide by this compromise and then starts crying foul when it does not show the results they had expected, they will look like crybabies. These are the people who suggested this "planing speed" logic for establishing the nighttime limit...let's see if they are willing to stand by it.