Thread: Laconia...
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 06:39 PM   #12
pjard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonrain View Post
One of the things we're looking for in a community is a good church. By that we mean one that is faithful to the reformed theology. There is a church in Laconia that we've been researching that meets the criteria we've set (so far. We won't know for sure until we've been able to go there a few times.) That is the main reason.

For myself, I'm not used to driving in snow and was looking for a place that wasn't too far away. For my husband, he grew up in New England and has no problem driving in the snow. He's perfectly ok with driving a bit of a distance in order to attend church. However, for both of us, church is very important. Also, my husband has some health issues and being near a good hospital/doctor would be good... although, I've heard some very negative things about the hospital in Laconia which I'm taking into very serious consideration.

It's not set in stone where we'll live. I'm aware that things will be vastly different once we get there and can see things in person. I was just wondering if there were certain parts of Laconia that it would be better to stay out of than others.
Any city or town in NH does a great job with snow....they have it figured out. Sure there may be that 1 in a 100 years blizzard that totally shuts things down but that's not often. If the weather is that bad, they probably would cancel service anyway. I wouldn't even consider that as a criteria....just my opinion.

Once again am not a Laconia basher. I live in Gilford, not Laconia but there are plenty of nice parts of Laconia.
pjard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pjard For This Useful Post: