View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 08:47 AM   #15
fatlazyless

"Specifically designed high performance formulation with a uniique combination of premium base oils and enhanced additive system to provide increased protection for higher mileage engines." is what it says in the Walmart website on the high mileage SuperTech 5w-20 which now costs $2.88/qt, the same price as the standard version.

That line was probably written by someone who never did an oil change, not even once, in their entire life! ...

For me with my 215,000-miles 2013 Scion xB 5-speed manual with its IRWIN TOYOTA SCION DEFECTIVE ENGINE, it needs about 3/4-qt of oil to be added with every fill-up of 11-gallons gasoline. It makes absolutely no difference to this TOYOTA SCION DEFECTIVE 4-cylinder engine whether it consumes the standard or the high mileage SuperTech Oil in the very familiar dark blue bottle...... www.anewwayforward.org/supertech-oil-review/ ..... same price at $2.88/qt.

Over the 215,000 miles, I have bought a hell of a lot of Walmart oil, and the cruise control just stopped working and there's a dash warning that says "Trac Off" and I plan to take it to Auto Haus - Meredith before I go back to that Irwin Zone to get screwed again.

Let me tell you ..... I have a lot of experience in all types of weather and time of day ..... with adding oil to this here engine. ...

So, where does the oil go ...... it goes wherever it goes ..... don't know? There ain't no oil drips under this car, never. The oil is poured into the engine oil intake plug, and the level of engine oil is shown on the oil dipstick ..... is how this works ..... and after every 11-gal gasoline fill-up, it always needs about a 3/4 qt to bring it up to full, on the dipstick.

Supposedly, Toyota Scions were made with left-over car parts from the 1980's and I believe it. The ignition key is the same key common to a 1982 Celica. At 215k-miles with un-repaired hit & run collision damage, it has something like a $300 trade-in value, so this car is going to go until it don't go no more, and needs a flat bed truck to remove it.

I'd really like to trade it in for a brand new, 1982 Volvo 242glt with a 5-speed manual ...... ha-ha-ha!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 12-27-2020 at 12:54 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote