View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 06:36 AM   #134
VitaBene

Thanked 1,608 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skisox24 View Post
We went into the Lobster Pound last weekend with the goal of a quick meal prior to our Meadowbrook show. This was our third time at the new Lobster Pound. We applaud the new owneres for the terrific renovation of the old facility, and have appreciated the superb view from the upstairs outdoor lounge.

The food has been uneven. My wife really enjoyed the scallops, but the other seafood and shellfish choices have been just OK. Having dined there twice before, we knew that the menu prices were excessive, but also understood that we are OK with marginally higher prices in exchange for the new atmosphere and the superlative view.

But not this time. They have one pound of steamers on the menu for $15. That is way overpriced to begin with, and on my two prior experiences, I question whether the quantity served truly equals one pound. Town Docks in Meredith and Kevin's Cafe in Moultonborough provide generous portions of steamers at a much lower cost. For example, Kevin's Cafe provides a pound and a-half at $10. Town Docks, two pounds for $14. Well, on this particular night, Lobster Pound had a little notice stapled to their menu that declared that due to the recent increase in steamer prices, that the cost listed in their menu for one pound ($15) would have to be surcharged $3!!! $18 for less than one pound of steamers? A total ripoff. The manager informed us that their supplyer had significantly increased their per-bushel steamer cost. Town Docks and Kevin's later informed me that their sourcing costs have not materially changed. So....BEWARE!!!!
Can you explain why you posted this here? There is a LP thread running on this forum- this post has nothing to do with Boston Seafood. Further, if you did not like the price of the steamers, why did you order them? You did not get ripped off, YOU ordered what you consider to be an overpriced appetizer.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote