View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 10:02 AM   #1075
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
I don't think it shows very good judgement for a LEO to jump out into the road with traffic passing by at 70 mph.That's why they have blue lights.After what she's been through....sure ,she might have been distracted.Who hasn't.
I think that the trooper saw who it was and knew he'd get some face time with the media.Seems a little unusual to call the county attorney right after a traffic stop.
But, one thing that I believe is being missed (or at least not mentioned) about the LEO stepping into the road is that this is 93 in New Hampton, on a weekday. How much traffic is on the highway at this time, in this location, not much. We are not talking playing frogger in Manchester, north of 101 split on a Friday or any day for that matter.

They do this on 89 north of exit 5 regularly, usually exit 7 southbound, but with multiple LEO's and they are all stationed together, one hits with the radar and the officer next to him walks out and points (both in a crossover), you then pull over to the waiting officer that walks up to your car on the shoulder. Happens very regularly in that location, believe it is completly luck of the draw, because I have been spared when a vehicle in front or behind me got pointed to and they were traveling the same speed.

I have not seen it done when traffic is heavier, not that we ever really see heavy traffic up this way on 89, but you get the idea.

Not calling you out Samiam, just your post spoke to my thought.

Samiam, you are probably close to right on about your second statement, or possibly felt that the punishment was not enough, complete speculation on my part, take it as that.