View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 12:05 PM   #1035
jrc

Wow, I was surprised how quiet this forum was after the trial. People seemed a little afraid to talk about it. It's hard when you know some people on the forum must know the defendent and maybe the victim. Now I surprised how this latest news is being discussed.

This is really bad news for the defendent. The judge can use this latest event as information on sentencing. The procecutor will weigh this in his re-trial decision. Any re-trial runs the risk of this information coming in.

I still feel there should be a re-trial on the alcohol related charges. I really don't want to see two fatal collisions, obviously related to alcohol, where the driver is unpunished for the the alcohol. It really shakes my belief in the ability of the state to put teeth in alcohol enforcement.

I strongly believe that this is the most life threatening problem facing the lake. Sure 150' rule violations and wake damage have weight, but this is life or death stuff. Comment regarding licenses plates and guns on board seem out of place to me.

Last edited by jrc; 03-26-2010 at 12:49 PM.