View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #134
NoBozo

Default Just A Recount Of The Events.

I'm not sure what BH was inferring ..about people against windmills. I Voted against the windmill in the beginning. Being a fiscal conservative I didn't think borowing $3M during a recession was justified.

The town voted to Build It anyway. Once the turbine started going up I started to Like It. i became a supporter as long as it RAN and produced power. Then it broke. And then the guy from Seattle came out and looked at it. He prounounced it a "Dead Horse"..every which way you massaged the numbers...... It was a "Dead Horse".

So the Dead Turbine sits there in plain view of every tourist that comes over the bridge to the island from the North and those that exit the island heading north.

OH WAIT: There is a NEW (TOLL) bridge that tourists will have to cross to get to our little island of Aquidneck from the north..which you will have to use to get to NEWPORT. Our economy IS Tourism..just like the Lakes. The OLD bridge was free since it was built in 1956.

Don't have a RI EZPass...?? No problem. It will cost out of staters $10 round trip. NO toll collecters. A Scanner above the road will record your licence plate and send you a bill if you don't have the "Correct" transponder. Welcome to Our State. NB

PS: Rhode Island has been Democrat for the past 70 years. (95%)